
We arrived at Bob's cousin Harold's at 3:45 PM and visited for a little over an hour with Harold and his wife Jean. We showed pictures of course of all the GRANDboys and Jean showed us a recent magazine article about her artwork in the DELTA magazine which is about that area of the country. The article was interesting and we enjoyed the visit tremendously.
After posing for a few pictures, we loade
d back into the car for the rest of the trip and DINNER at Aunt Betty's!!! We arrived at Betty's about 6:00 PM and as expected, she had dinner waiting and ready to go on the table. We all (well almost all, I'll explain later) ate heartily and started catching up on all the happenings in Hazlehurst!!After a little catching up, we retired early and rested up for the
rest of our visit in Hazlehurst. On Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday morning before church, Bob did what Bob loves most - fished!!! He caught a nice string of fish and we plan to have them for Sunday night supper.Okay, I told you I'd tell you about only some of us eating heartily!! Silly me, I decided to go on a very strict diet 4 days before we made this trip and in spite of Aunt Betty's wonderful culinary skills, I managed to stick to it and forego all the wonderful goodies that are always so abundant in that part of the country and in this family!!!
Anyway, on Sunday we went to Betty's little country church Antioch Baptist and visited the cemetary where PawPaw is buried. We went back to Betty's and devoured that wonderful fish that Bob had caught that morning!!!
By now we were all pretty tuckered out!!! A great time was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment