Sunday, September 17, 2006

Going to Washington

I am really getting excited!!! I leave on Friday for Washington state. My middle GRANDson in WA turns four on the 26th of this month and I'm going up for his birthday. I can't wait. I'm taking my mother this trip. The boys call her GranGran!! We're planning to ride a steam locomotive in Snoqualmie Falls and visit with my daughter, Lindsey and family. I don't make it a big issue to see a lot of the territory, because my main goal is always just being with Lindsey and the boys!!!

I mentioned the diet in an earlier post - well, I'm still dieting. I lost 11.5 pounds the first week and as can be expected have really slowed down now. I'm actually sort of struggling now to get back to the 11.5 lbs. loss. My net loss to-date is 8.5 lbs., but I'm not discouraged because the product (meal replacement shakes and energy bars) that I'm using has actually given me incredible energy. That's something I've never experienced with any weight loss program. So, for now, I'm trying to increase my activity level (I've never been one to exercise before - didn't need it), and stay faithful to my diet. I'm not having too many problems. So far, I'm not experiencing any cravings or feeling of deprivation. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be down at least 20 lbs.

We just drove in from looking at our dream home in the little country town where we plan to retire. The house is just about perfect for us with the exception of the price. We may make an offer and see what happens. I think it's pretty much over priced for the condition it is in. While beautiful, the house needs a little TLC which always translates into $$$$. Hopefully, one day we'll find the house we love and can afford or we can always build our own (we already have a nice lot).

Our daughter, Dawn, spent the night with us last night. She was in town this weekend from San Antonio and spent one night with her twin sister, Heather, last night with us and tonight she's planning to stay with us again after a day of shopping with her older sister, Crystal & Heather. We had a good visit and she did go to church with us and lunch before we drove to La Grange to look at the house. It's always good to have visitors. Especially family.

That's about all I know for now. Check you later.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

We can't wait to see you!!! Friday can't get here soon enough!!

NanaBlue said...

I know!! I will be worthless tomorrow and Friday, just thinking about the trip up. It's a long flight, but I love seeing you and the boys.