This has been a very tough week. The 57 year old husband of a dear friend died suddenly and quiet unexpectedly last Thursday evening 8/7/08. My friend is really much more than just my friend. She's the mother to my three step-daughters (yes, that's right my husband's ex-wife). More about how our friendship came about later or in another post. Tonight I just want to reflect on how in an instant everything you know and trust can change and just evaporate in thin air. I think we all have a tendency to think we're bullet proof and plan our whole lives with blind faith that we have all the tomorrow's in the world. In reality, we could all be gone in an instant. There are no guarantees of tomorrow in this life. I know and have a deep abiding faith of where I'll spend eternity after this life, but I don't know when that time will come for me or those I hold dear. I hope that I will always remember to say "I love you" to those I do and not hold back saying the things that are truly important. I also want to spend every day undoing wrongs I've committed or just saying I'm sorry for any hurtful things I've said to my loved ones. I don't know how well I'll do, but I intend to work on treasuring the relationships in my life that God has so richly blessed me with. I know that through those loving relationships I will smile again and be propped up the next time I have a "very tough week."

So long Chuck - you were loved by many and will be missed by all. In loving memory of Charles (Chuck) Veal.
No comments:
Post a Comment