Saturday, September 06, 2008

What a Week!

On Wednesday, I received a call from The Women's Center that the radiologist would like me to come back in for additional x-rays and an ultra-sound of my left breast. Not exactly the best phone call to receive as you are eating breakfast. In my best "I'm not panicked yet" voice I phoned my best friend at work, Patti Scheline and told her about the call. Patti worked for many years for an OB/Gyn doctor and I knew she'd have wise words of encouragement for me. She did and agreed that I shouldn't panic. Instead I phoned my Gyn to see if he had requested the additional x-rays , since I had already received the form letter stating all was okay. His sweet nurse, Bertha, read me the report they received after assuring me I shouldn't be worried. The report just stated the views they had of my left breast were inconclusive. So not to make a longer story of this than is warranted, I went in Friday morning for the additional tests and the radiologist did the ultra sound and pronounced I have a cyst, that he didn't feel needed any further attention. Whew, that was good news. No mention was made about follow up, but I plan to ask my doctor next week to have the tests run again in 3-6 mos. instead of waiting for another year. And in the meantime . . .

My daughter Lindsey phoned on Thursday afternoon (about 5 PM my time) and said she was rushing one of her twins, little almost 9 week old baby Andrew to the Children's Hospital of Seattle Emergency Room at the recommendation of his pediatrician. Andrew had developed a hydrocele that had not been detected previously. Now the doctor thought it was a hernia that was endangering his intestines, but the ER doctors diagnosed the less serious hydrocele. Fortunately he did not require immediate surgery and they were sent home for the hydrocele to be watched for the next four months. We spent about 5 hours very worried and very, very far away. I have spent a life time fixing whatever problems Lindsey has faced and I've known for a while now that it's no longer my job. Somethings are hard to stop, though. All I knew was she was having a problem and I could in no way fix it. Thank you, Jesus, for allowing Andrew's problem to not be so serious and for watching over Lindsey and her precious family!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's time to let Chad and Jesus take over.

Leanne said...

We don't know each other but I enjoy reading your blog. You have a very sweet spirit that comes through your writing and, obviously, a beautiful family and faith. Stay strong and enjoy this journey we call life....