Sunday, July 20, 2008

Making New Friends

I've been in Washington State for 5 weeks now and having the best time visiting with my daughter, son-in-law and 5 GRANDsons!!! But today I drove to Lynnwood which is 35 min. Northwest of where my daughter lives in Redmond to meet a colleague of mine that I've only known via telephone and emails before today. Cindy was the project secretary at Tesoro Oil Refinery when I was working on the same project, but for Mustang Engineering in Houston. I've wanted to meet Cindy for years since I come up to Washington so often and since I am here for such an extended length of time it worked out for me to do just that!!!

Cindy drove down 1 hour from Anacortes and I drove up 35 min. from Redmond and we met at a restaurant in Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood. I worried before we met if we'd have enough to talk about for an extended visit and OMG!!!! We visited at the restaurant for 3 hours and then strolled and "talked" for another 2 hours!!! It was like we've known each other all our lives!!! LOL!!!! We had a great time and I'm so glad to have made a new friend!!! After our visit, we hugged and promised to get together anytime I'm up for a visit longer than just a weekend.

Above is the picture that the waitress at Ruby's Diner took of us!!! The picture to the right is one Will took of Lindsey and me before I left to meet Cindy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!! That is awesome...Can't wait to come see those georgous kids in a few weeks. Megan

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the WI!!! How neat that you got to meet another friend. Glad ya'll had a good time. Also, glad the twins are doing so well now! The pictures are wonderful. Lindsey does NOT look like a lady that just had twins and 3 more little ones at home!

Hope to see you when you get back this way!

Kathy Robertson
(Aka Spacer_1)