On Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 52% of VOTING Americans elected Barack Obama as President of the United States. I keep hearing talk of unity and wonder why Democrats think this President will be successful at uniting a country that is so divided on so many moral issues. Dems weren't interested in unity when their man wasn't in the White House, but expect Republicans to compromise their values for the sake of their unity. There is a true cultural divide in this country and I don't know what the answer is. I don't see the divide narrowing any time soon.
I am praying for our new President-elect Obama. I want very much for the unity to happen. If he accomplishes that then in my opinion he'll have a very successful ride. God Bless America!
4 comments:
Nana, it's not "52% of Americans elected Obama", it's actually 52% of Americans that voted. There's a BIG difference there. It's ridiculous that this "great country" that prides itself on democracy has such low voter turnout. At least this election it was better than usual. This was especially the case in states where Obama had critical victories. The electoral college spread was huge - much greater and more telling than the popular vote.
A decisive victory!
We should all be united in wishing him well and committing to praying for him and his family.
I'm pretty sure not all Obama supporters are "Anonymous Athiests", but nonetheless you aren't welcome to post on my blog. May GOD bless America!!
Oh, I'm not speaking to the first Anonymous comment (unless you are the one I didn't allow to be published). I'm speaking only to rude anonymous posters. Where is your courage?
Post a Comment