I arose early on Tuesday (today) and drove one and a half hours to Tyler's school. I went to the library where we were greated and thanked for attending by the principal and various other staff members. Finally we were allowed to find our special student. I went to Tyler's room and when I reached the door he saw me right away. Much to my delight, a huge smile broke out over this face and he jumped out of his chair to come give me a great big hug and then take me to his table. He showed me some of his work, he read from his library book for me and then he made a construction paper hershey KISS. On the KISS he wrote my name and the reasons I was special to him. Tyler wrote:
Nana - Cathy
Makes me spaghetti and meatballs
Plays monopoly with me
Bought me my first pirate ship
Loves me
We went to the library to have our picture made and then it was time for guests to leave!!! I had a wonderful time and even though I was the only grandparent that lived within 100 miles, I was very honored to have been asked!!! Thank you Tyler, I do love you.
BTW - Here's the picture -
1 comment:
How VERY VERY special. Such a lucky boy to have such a special Nana!
Post a Comment